WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT TRUCK ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS IN HOUSTON, TX
Truck accidents are not the same as other types of accidents. Semi-truck collisions are more likely to result in serious injuries and fatalities, and the insurance companies and policies from which you will seek compensation will be very different. It would be best if you had a compassionate truck accident lawyer who understands the challenges and has the resources to take on powerful companies.
Speaking with an experienced truck accident lawyer who has worked on commercial truck accident cases is the best way to protect your rights and gather evidence in a timely fashion.
A qualified truck accident attorney can advocate for medical care, such as diagnostic tests and consultations with specialists, that you might not have been able to obtain on your own. Furthermore, a truck accident attorney understands the trucking industry’s inner workings, which can help your case significantly. An attorney can investigate the truck accident, document your claim, negotiate with insurance companies, and, if necessary, file a lawsuit in court.
As truck accident attorneys in Houston, TX, we are all too familiar with the dangers of truck accidents. While trucks and 18-wheelers are essential to our economy, when they are mishandled, they can be extremely dangerous to both their drivers and those around them. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, large trucks were involved in 5,237 fatal accidents in 2019 alone, a figure that has been steadily growing since 2009 and a 2% increase from 2018.
Morgan Legal Group’s Houston truck accident attorneys understand how to fight insurance companies for the compensation you deserve. Get more than just legal representation; hire a personal ally in your quest for justice.
WHY HIRE A HOUSTON, TEXAS, TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYER?
When you hire Morgan Legal Group, our Houston trucking accident lawyer will do the following:
● Manage all communications with insurers and trucking companies.
● Notify medical bill collectors about the status of your claim.
● Investigate your claim to determine the cause and all responsible parties.
● Interview witnesses and obtain their statements
● Gather evidence, such as computer data stored in the truck’s black box of the truck and an accident report.
● Seek compensation for your disability, injuries, lost wages, and mental anguish.
● Speak with any necessary experts to determine the true value of your serious injury and accident claim.
● Create an individualized legal strategy to maximize your financial recovery.
● File your truck accident claim as soon as possible.
● Pursue compensation aggressively through negotiations.
● Proceed to litigation if necessary, and present your truck accident case to a judge or jury.
Commercial trucking companies frequently hire insurance company lawyers to protect themselves from liability and keep payout costs to a minimum. They have a team of lawyers on their side. As a result, insurance companies may offer you less than you deserve in a settlement or even try to blame you for the accident.
Do not fall prey to the tactics of insurance companies or large trucking companies; contact Morgan Legal Group today to get the most out of your truck accident settlement.
WHAT ARE THE LAWS GOVERNING TRUCK ACCIDENT CLAIMS IN HOUSTON, TX?
In Houston, Texas, the laws for truck accident claims are very similar to those for car accidents. The main distinction is that in trucking accidents, having a Houston truck accident lawyer who knows how to win these cases is important. Most companies must keep a truck log, including proper vehicle maintenance. Individual truckers and companies must maintain proper logbooks and driver training, including the various items carried on their rigs or trailers.
They may be dangerous on the road if they are not properly trained. You must look for whether the driver has taken on too many runs or hasn’t gotten enough sleep. All of this is documented in the logbooks and available for use in a case.
Trucking companies have governors or speed limiters that control the truck’s speed and GPS systems that can tell you the exact details of the driver’s trip. This includes any detours or problems encountered along
the way. These are the kinds of things that Houston truck accident attorneys look for when developing a case to get the best possible settlement.
CLAIMS AGAINST CARELESS OR NEGLIGENTLY-TRAINED TRUCK DRIVERS IN HOUSTON, TX
When truck drivers lack the training to safely maneuver their vehicles in dangerous conditions, they and their employers may be held liable for the injuries sustained by victims of these major accidents. Our Houston trucking accident attorney has investigated and prosecuted claims against negligently trained tractor-trailer drivers and the companies that hire them.
He will be an aggressive and dedicated truck accident attorney you need on your side if you have been injured in a truck accident in Houston, Texas.
HOW IS THE LEGAL PROCESS DIFFERENT FROM CAR ACCIDENTS INVOLVING BIG RIGS IN TEXAS?
The difference in the legal process is that you usually deal with big companies that can have their adjustors or outside insurance adjusters on a case. These big companies frequently monitor what is paid out on a claim because they have what is known as “self-insured retention,” where the first bits of money, perhaps $50,000.00, $100,000.00, or $1 million, are paid out.
This comes from their pocket before any insurance money is paid out. These cases are closely scrutinized, and these companies will not pay unless you have a truck accident lawyer on your side.
WHO MAY BE LIABLE FOR MY TEXAS TRUCK ACCIDENT INJURY?
The key to compensating for injuries incurred from a truck accident is proving negligence. It would be best to determine who is responsible and who should be held accountable. The different parties that may be liable include:
● The truck driver. The negligent actions of truck drivers usually cause truck accidents. Large trucks are frequently loaded with thousands of pounds of cargo, making them extremely heavy and difficult to maneuver. Drivers must be properly trained and supervised due to the truck’s weight. They must also remain alert and refrain from using alcohol or drugs. If an accident occurs, the trucking company may be held liable for any damages caused by the driver. As a result, it is common for a trucking company to carry a substantial liability insurance policy.
● The truck company. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), over 5,000 trucks were involved in fatal crashes in 2019. Many of those accidents were caused by truck drivers. On the other hand, the truck is owned by the truck company, and it is in charge of hiring, training, and supervising employees. Trucking companies are also responsible for maintaining and inspecting each truck. If the trucking company fails to carry out any of these tasks, it may be liable for your injuries.
● A third party. Another driver nearby to the truck involved in your accident may be at fault. In many cases, an accident involves more than two vehicles, and most commercial trucks are large and can collide with multiple vehicles if the driver loses control.
● The truck manufacturer. They will most likely conduct an accident investigation after hiring an attorney. An automotive expert may determine that a faulty truck part caused the accident. A defective tire or brakes are two examples of vehicle defects. You have the right to seek compensation if a negligent truck manufacturer caused the accident. Our
Houston truck accident attorney can assist you in filing a product liability claim against the truck’s manufacturer.
WORK WITH A HOUSTON TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYER THAT WINS
At Morgan Legal Group, we will work closely with you and your family to inform you about your case details. We explain to a judge or jury why you deserve compensation for past and future medical costs, loss of earning capacity, mental anguish, physical pain, physical limitations, and disfigurement.
In Houston, Texas, our truck accident attorneys have handled many trucking accident cases. We understand state law, federal trucking regulations, and the investigative techniques needed to handle a truck accident successfully – in or out of court.
Call 713-969-5026 or schedule a free consultation online today to learn more about what some of the best attorneys in Texas can do for you after a Houston truck accident.